Social media has added new meaning to the phrase “word of mouth.”
People are constantly sharing everything they do, say, or think, and you’ll find this activity buzzing everyday on their Facebook profiles and Twitter accounts. While tweeting what you’re eating for lunch may not captivate hundreds of followers, showing off tickets to an upcoming event can catch the eye of anyone’s friends and connections.
So we created Incentix, an incentive for ticket buyers to help you promote your events on their social media networks.
When ticket buyers post, like, or tweet about your event, you can offer them a discount on their ticket service fees. Meanwhile, they’re spreading the word on Facebook and Twitter to all of the followers, friends, and news feeds.
Here’s an example:
- Susan is going to a wine-tasting event, so she purchases tickets through ShowClix.
- During checkout, she tweets about her tickets and posts the event to Facebook.
- Susan instantly saves a buck on her service fees. Immediately, all of Susan’s 200+ connections on Facebook see her post—including close friends, co-workers, even people who she doesn’t regularly chat with.
- Susan’s friend Peter sees her post, and he decides to buy tickets as well. He tweets about his tickets to save on his service fees, sharing the event with his 400 followers.
- In a few minutes, the wine-tasting event is in front of around 600 more people. And that’s just from a couple of ticket buyers!
Additionally, you can track any ticket purchases that happen as a result of Incentix, since each post and tweet uses a special tracking URL that records data for your sales reports.
With Incentix, you can watch your event reach a brand new audience of potential ticket buyers without spending a dime on new advertising.