by Sara Hess and Janelle Wankum
Halloween is coming closer and closer—so close, its scary! Don’t have your happenin’ Halloween plans yet? Check out some of these unique family-friendly Halloween events we’ve curated for those who want a good scare, even with the kiddos in tow.
Corn mazes, chillingly classic plays with a twist, pumpkin chunkin’, and spooky haunted houses are just some of the awesome and affordable things you can do with your family this Halloween holiday season. Leave the candy at home, and get into your costume!
• At the Creepy Hallow Halloween Fun Park in Frankfort, IL, there is definitely something for everyone. With Daytime Family activities such as hayrides, corn mazes, face painting, haunted houses, a petting zoo, story telling, zombie hunt paintball, moon jump & live entertainment, you’ll satisfy your fall fever and at After Dark Horrors, you’ll have a ghoulishly good time at their Blood Shed Haunted House & Hollywood Horror Hayride!
The park is open every Saturday and Sunday through the week of Halloween—don’t miss this affordable fun park for the whole family!
• The Wicked Walking Tour offers narration and impersonation of the historical legends that haunt Portland, ME. In just one hour, this leisurely stroll around Portland’s Old Port will reveal the dark secrets behind tortured souls that still dwell among the living. Gordon Tweedie of Wicked Walking Tour:
“Some people coming on a ghost tour are looking for the adrenaline rush that can come from being scared. But beyond the fear, I believe there is also a subconscious attempt to open your mind to the possibility of other realms – a place where spirit guides, angels and everyone we have loved and lost dwell.
Connecting with them demands the opposite of fear – it requires love. The reason we have so much comedy in our ghost tour is to raise the vibration and feel the joy of life. One thing is for certain. The less fearful you are, the more magical, joyful and happy your life will be. This tour is for people who like to have fun.”
• Frankenstein: The Untold Story exemplifies the unconventional spirit of Halloween with a frightening good play. Taking place in Decatur, AL, this is a look at the tale of Frankenstein, with a unique twist! This alternative adaptation of the classic tale, Frankenstein, is sure to entertain an audience of all ages, in a frighteningly good way, of course…
• Located in the gorgeous land of Colorado? Get ready for a Wild West Corn Maze with this year’s theme, cowboys and aliens! When you’re not getting lost in the wonders of the maze, take a jump on the largest jumping pillow in Colorado, participate in some pumpkin chunkin or find your perfect squash head in the Pumpkin Corral!
• For families interested in a festive fall event that’s a little less scary, Wall Stadium Speedway is hosting Spooky Spectacular a two-day event that includes a Halloween costume contest, a coloring contest, and free pumpkin painting. The action doesn’t stop there; over the course of both days there will be 9 different races and a demolition derby. Truly spooky and spectacular!
Interested in selling tickets online to your own Halloween event? Get started today with ShowClix, a ticketing platform that will help you create, promote and sell more tickets to your next event!