This week, we’re going to learn how to set up a presale for your events.
Presales can give your customers a chance at tickets before they’re available to the general public. Just send out your presale code, and customers who use the code will be able to access the listing and purchase tickets.
First, let’s take a look at how you prepare your new presale code and apply it to an event that isn’t on sale yet.
Estimated time: 2 minutes
Set an on-sale date for the event.
- First, you’ll need to create a new event. (If you already have a new event that hasn’t gone on sale yet, skip ahead to the next step.)
- When you reach the Sale Times section of the first step, set your Sales Open Date to sometime in the future.
- Note: This step is important, because the default setting for new events will make tickets available immediately. By definition, presales can only be implemented when an event is not on sale to the general public yet.
Visit the Coupons tool.
- Go to the Manage section and click Add Coupon.
Create a new presale code.
- On the coupon creation tool, select Presale from the dropdown menu.
- Enter a name for the presale code. (This is for your internal reference only.)
- Enter a unique presale code. Your code can be anything from a randomly generated string of letters to a phrase that references the presale, such as “EARLYBIRD321.”
- (Note: Your code must be 15 characters or less, and you may only use alphanumeric characters.)
- Click Save and Assign to proceed to the next step.
Apply the code to your event.
- Now you’ll see the coupon code assignment tool. Your new presale code will already be selected.
- Click Assign to individual events and pricing levels and then click Add Events.
- Scroll down to the Coupon Limiting section.
- In this step, you’ll need to determine the limit of total orders for which the presale can apply (Use Limit). You also have the option to set a limit for the amount of tickets that can be purchased in any given presale order (Ticket Limit).
- Set a date range for the presale code to be valid. (Note: Please keep in mind that the presale will no longer appear once the event’s tickets go on sale to the general public.)
- Now get out there and share your presale code!
Are you juggling a bunch of unique presale codes? Consult our guide on coupon code assignments to learn how you can apply and manage multiple coupons at the same time.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Thanks for reading this week’s guide!