We are tickled with sugar plum delight to be selling tickets to Callaway Garden’s Fantasy In Lights holiday shows. We all enjoy getting in the holiday spirit, and with Thanksgiving just around the corner, now is the perfect time to plan your own Holiday light strategy at home.
After speaking with Rachel Crumbley, the Director of Marketing and Public Relations at Callaway Gardens, we received some great tips of how to decorate your yard with Holiday lights. Take it from the experts – remember to get creative, take your time, and have fun! It’s the most wonderful time of the year after all!
1. Be safe – Understand the difference between indoor and outdoor lights. Don’t overload extension cords.
Plug lights in to string. Put one string on at a time. This way you can determine the maximum number of cords the circuit can handle and know that everything works in advance rather than plug it in after you’ve put them all up to find out that half don’t work.
Courtesy of Callaway Gardens
2. Try to be creative. Do something other than stringing along straight lines such as gutters. Try hanging lights vertically, creating a wall of twinkling lights!
3. Allow enough time. It takes longer than you think to decorate with lights. So have patience, and have fun, because it will be worth it!
4. Enhance your yard decorations by up lighting trees and house with your existing flood lights. You can even use colored flood lights for a more dramatic effect.
5. Take your lights down in early January. Because Valentine’s Day comes sooner than you’ll realize.
6. Save yourself the trouble – bring your family and friends to Callaway Gardens’ Fantasy In Lights!