How do you make your ShowClix event listings look awesome? The answer is templates!
Now that you’ve set up your event, it’s time to customize your colors and add a header image.
With the right template, your event listings can have the same look and feel as your brand’s website. You can have individual templates for each event, or you can even set up one new template and use it as the default for all of your events and your main event calendar.
Estimated time: 3-5 minutes
Visit the Templates editor.
- Click Manage and then Add Template to get started.
Add a name and choose your colors.
- Enter a name so you can easily find your template later.
- Click Choose Color Scheme to find some basic ideas from which you can start, or you can just start from scratch.
- In the color fields, enter hex color values (such as #FFFFFF for white) to edit the colors on the page. As you edit these fields, you’ll see a small preview of your page in the window above this section.
- Now it’s time to add your header image. This image will be positioned at the top of your event listing’s menu — it’s the perfect place to showcase the title and branding of your event.
- We recommend using an image at a width of 850 pixels for your header image.
- You can also add a background image. Use the Background Repeat option to create a tiled effect, and the Background Position option determines where your image will be aligned. Finally, the Background Attachment option can anchor the image to keep it static as the user scrolls down the page.
Edit your template’s settings.
- Use the options at the bottom of the tool to adjust social media sharing buttons and Facebook comments.
- Want to use this template as the default for all of your events? Click the checkbox for Make This My Default Template. (This setting will only apply the default to newly created events — it will not override events that already have a template selected.)
- The default template will also become the template used for your main event calendar.
Apply your template to events.
- If you’ve already created the events for which you want to use this template, you’ll need to apply it. You can do this in one of two ways.
- Visit the event’s Event Overview and locate the Template section. Click Assign a template and select your template from the list.
- Alternatively, you can apply the template to multiple events at once. Locate the template in your Templates manager.
- Click the radio button adjacent to the template and click the Assign Scheme button.
- Select your events from the list and click Make Selection to apply your template.
Using our Templates editor along with the right image assets, you can make some really great-looking event listings. For some excellent examples, check out the Event Listings section on our website.